Search This Blog

Sunday 15 December 2013

Consolidating your Compass & your Clock

As I prepare myself mentally for the coming New Year, I am acknowledging my problem in achieving my dreams is due to many things... The explanation of this title is bringing together where you want to go, in the limited time you have available. I know for myself, I love to procrastinate, so any tips I can learn about better time management, I'm all ears! Some of my other problems is a lack of time and a poor determination to achieve results.  David Jeremiah shared a wonderful illustration about our priorities and how to get more out of our day. He said that if you had a jar and put in all the big priorities (like God, family, friends, work etc) represented as rocks, you would have time for all the less important priorities (like entertainment, hobbies, cleaning, self etc), represented by sand.  But if you filled your day in reverse, you would find you don't have the space, hence time, for all the important things (rocks) that really do matter! So next time I find myself complaining that I have no time, or I am too busy, I intend to analyse my rocks and my sand... David also suggests carrying around a rock as a visual reminder, which I will also be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment