Search This Blog

Monday 14 July 2014

Memories before Money

I often tend to be quite tight-fisted when it comes to spending money on entertainment.  I would much rather buy the DVD, make my own popcorn and watch the movie in the comfort of my home, often forgetting that it is the experience of the 'bigscreen' that is more often worth paying the extra bucks for.  Not to mention all the places children like to go to that always ends up costing a fortune.  I have my sister to thank for making me realise that sometimes the good, happy memories we want our children to remember does cost money, often more than what we would like to spend.  It is at these times when we have to ask ourselves if the memory of the event will be worth it.  Money certainly cannot buy happiness, but it can and does buy very happy memories, which incidentally must be photographed, so that years from now, we can look back at the photos and realise the value we made in purchasing that memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment