Search This Blog

Saturday 26 January 2013

Cleaning our Hearts



I’ve learnt a powerful spiritual lesson from the cleaning of my shower. Because it is one of my least favourite jobs, I tend to do it less frequently than I know I should.  But when I do, it’s then that I realize, that just like our hearts, 
if we neglect it too long, then it is so much harder and takes so much longer than necessary to clean, than if we did it regularly. 

Somehow, the muck and grime gets into places that are difficult to reach and needs stronger cleaning materials and tougher brushing.  Our hearts are like that. When we neglect all the offenses we’ve picked up and all the sinful attitudes we’ve had, without repenting and asking God for forgiveness, then they tend to block up our spiritual arteries that restricts the flow of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Like a shower cubicle, our hearts need regular cleaning – even daily, if we want to function well.  What I try and do is when I’m lying in bed at the end of the day, I reflect of everything that happened and I try to identify things that need releasing, forgiving and changing, which in turn becomes the start of my evening prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment