Search This Blog

Friday 4 January 2013

When Life Becomes Unbalanced



I have a plant in my kitchen that has one leaf that is growing much taller than the rest.  It looks odd, but as I was looking at it the other day, the Holy Spirit reminded me how our life can sometimes get like that – ie when one area becomes unbalanced as our priorities get all mixed up.  Some time ago, I was going through a bout of ‘doing good’.  I was actively helping others with their problems, running errands for friends and doing what I thought a good Christian should.  It was only when I discovered that my daughter didn’t have a clean shirt for school one day that I realised how much I had been neglecting my own home chores.  It is helpful to maintain a check-list of our priorities to make sure we keep our lives balanced.  When we’ve done all the chores that we need to do, we can then seek out things we want to do.  Sometimes we need to say no to others in order to keep our priorities in check.  This may offend some people, but when you are keeping the people in your life that really matter happy, it will be a sacrifice worth paying.

No comments:

Post a Comment