Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Life isn't fair, but God is GOOD!



When I first became a Christian, I had this notion that my life would suddenly start running smoothly, as if God was some kind of wizard who would now wave a wand to fix all my problems and make me detour every bump in the road.   Even the church I was going to at the time preached that problems and diseases were ‘not my portion’, so I prayed fervently, rebuking Satan and soon began feeling like a failure as a Christian when my problems persisted.  

Thankfully, God soon taught me that even as Christian, life would not always be fair, but that in every difficult situation, He would give me the strength, the wisdom and the peace to see me through it.  I’ve also learnt that regardless of why God allows certain problems in our lives, they can and should always give us the opportunity to grow through them and be the catalyst in improving our attitudes and purifying our hearts.

The truth is that we live in a fallen world, where there are consequences for every action and unfortunately, bad things do still happen to us, even when we are praying for them not to…
However, in saying that, I do still believe that God does protect us from a lot of stuff and when we are tuned into the Holy Spirit, and seeking His wisdom, we can avoid a lot of unnecessary troubles.

The goodness of God is always present, no matter how dire the situation.  My greatest lesson has been to discover that as I face each new problem, I am able to react to them better, as I mature in my faith.  The success comes from how we handle our problems and what we are praying for during them and knowing that despite life’s bumps in the road, our faith can still remain steadfast in the midst of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment