Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Being True to Who We Are

Some lessons from God we learn through Him speaking to our spirit, others through reading His word and sometimes through other people. This powerful lesson was through the latter the powerful teacher and author John Bevere as read from his book Extraordinary .

He explains how we have 3 images our projected image, our perceived image and our true image. The projected one is the one we are trying to portray, the kind of person we want people to think we are. The perceived image is how we think people see us the kind of reputation we believe to have. And lastly, our true image, the one only God and we can see, and that s only if we are honest with ourselves

It made me realise how often I am not honest in my actions or words and how much people s opinions of me really meant to me. I see now that if God is to be my priority then only His opinion of me should count. In other words, who do I fear most God s disapproval or my husbands, family or friends? It was a light-bulb moment for me to realise that although God loves me unconditionally, His pleasure or approval of me is determined through the choices I make!

It is not always easy to get the balance right here, especially when you are married to a non-believer, and I often have difficulty in trying to keep both God and my husband happy, but going forward, I am determined to do it God s way and leave the consequences to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment