Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Recalculating Your GPS

I love the invention of the Sat Nav! I admit it took me a while to learn to trust a ‘machine’, but I am grateful for it now because it has saved many a conflict in my marriage in directing us to places where my map-reading skills would surely have failed us!

What I particularly love about the Sat Nav is its ability to recalculate your route when you’ve taken a wrong turning and not followed the course it has given you. It reminds me of the way God recalculates our own lives when we’ve made a mistake or failed to carry out His purpose in our lives. He is so talented and merciful at turning every bad choice we’ve made, into something good and useful for our lives. He restores everything we've lost and when our lives take a wrong turn or when we’ve given up on our dreams, God always somehow finds a way of getting us back on course – of reminding us of His purpose for our lives! So as I key in my destination of Heaven, and submit and align myself to His will, I know I can confidently trust that the Holy Spirit will direct my steps in helping me to reach it, and when I miss the mark, all I need to do is recalculate my GPS and get back on track again!

No comments:

Post a Comment