Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

God Connections for Our Destiny

Last night I attended a South African Book Launching party for author Mary Strick, in the little town of West Kilbride on the West Coast of Scotland, and being South African AND a hopeful author one day, I was very keen to go. I had heard about it via word of mouth and the couple I had hoped to tag along with could not get a baby-sitter and had to cancel at the last minute. It was then that I almost gave up going, but I felt a strong stirring in my spirit to go, and so not to miss any possible opportunity for a God-connection, I went. Yes, I believe that we do not always meet people by accident and very often, they are people that God brings into our lives for a purpose. Mike Murdock, a well known Christian teacher and author, says that some people we meet hold the keys to unlocking our destiny! So entering the room, I scanned all the faces and could not see a single soul that I knew, which is always very daunting for me But one single chair at a far-end table seemed to become a beacon to me, so I asked if anyone was sitting there and was relieved that it was indeed available. On speaking to the two ladies at the table, I had to smile and thank God, as indeed He had placed me next to an established Author Victoria Campbell and another lady whose name I forget, but who pointed me to the web-site Fischy Music which on having looked at it, I see is a subject I am very passionate about and I know holds information and resources God wanted me to have. Both of these connections have offered me invaluable advice and encouragement and I believe has made a huge impact to reaching my destiny. So next time you are invited somewhere or meet someone, check with God if these are people ordained by Him as a Godly connection, and not just a random, irrelevant meeting. Be open and alert to explore their knowledge by asking questions and prepare to be amazed!

No comments:

Post a Comment