Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Peace to Hear



I learnt a very important lesson recently from God and that is that you cannot hear His Holy Spirit speak and guide you if your heart is not at peace. How He taught me this was in the most disturbing manner! I had had a very difficult week dealing with offenses and my heart was certainly not filled with peace. In fact it was the very opposite of peace, which by my definition is a mix of angry chaos! My daughter had been invited to one of her best friend's birthday party, who I knew was very keen on horses. Before heading out to the shops, I prayed a quick prayer that I would be able to find the perfect horse gift. After two days of exhausted shopping to the two main shopping areas some distances away, I had found nothing In the end, I had to resort to buying a non-horse gift which I was very disappointed about. It was a few days later when I had to visit my local town and lo and behold, there in one of the gift shops that I had not even thought of visiting, was what would have been the most perfect gift - a lovely jewellery box with pictures of horses on it! God spoke so clearly to me that if I had been at peace in my heart, I would have been able to hear His voice tell me to visit that shop first. So often when we become rushed or flustered in our lives, our peace is one of our first fruits that is lost. It is almost as if it is an ingredient that cannot dwell in such an environment, so remember, if you want to hear the Holy Spirit clearly, be sure to keep your peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment