Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Marinading in God's Word

There is something amazingly powerful about a marinade. Being South African born, who loves to braai (barbeque), I can testify to the benefits of marinading meat, not only for flavour, but to make it more tender too. So when I read this phrase about marinading in God s Word in a recent Joyce Meyer magazine, it sparked an important lesson in my spirit. To marinade something is to cover or soak it in a liquid or spice to soften, tenderise it and flavour it. I believe we all need these benefits in our lives, and achieving this is through marinading ourselves in the Bible which is God s word to us not just reading or skimming through our favourite books or verses, but to really soak ourselves into every bit of it, becoming fully immersed in what God is trying to teach us through it. I know that when I do this, my heart will be softened, my life will give off more flavour and I will become more tender or sensitive to His Holy Spirit! I also like to consider God s word as a liquid that refreshing our spirits when we drink from it and as a spice, that adds flavour to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment