Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Having an Elastic Faith


I've always liked to imagine that when we get born again, an elastic band is placed around ourselves and God so that no matter how far we stretch ourselves away from Him and backslide, we will always bounce right back to Him in the end. By that I mean we can only stretch ourselves so far before we spring back into the arms of God. To me this is a very comforting thought, especially as I pray for all my backslidden family and friends.
As I thought about an elastic band, I was inspired with some other thoughts that I d like to share. We should have an elastic band kind of faith one that is stretched in order for us to grow and one that has a desire to bounce back when we feel life has knocked us down!
Also there are times in our life when we often feel stretched too thin like an elastic band, about to snap. During those times, we should consider that God is stretching us beyond our normal limits in order to grow our faith.
Our prayer should be for God to give us an elastic band kind of faith one that will stretch us beyond what we think we are capable of believing and also stretchy enough to make us bounce up when life tries to get us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment