Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

Never too Busy...

In today's crazy schedules of life, we often battle to balance things and this can so easily end up in our priorities getting all mixed up! God highlighted this lesson to me after my excuses for everything seemed to be Sorry but I ve been too busy . You name it - I was too busy to remember to wish a friend Happy Birthday, too busy to reply to an email, too busy to pick up the phone, too busy to visit with a friend etc etc. So after the umpteenth time of using that excuse, God brought me to the Bible verse that says our lives reflect what s in our hearts and if we are really TOO busy to do good things, then we are TOO busy doing the wrong things! I realised that if my friends or family were a priority in my life, then I shouldn t be too busy for them and if I was finding that I didn t have the time, then I needed to look at where my time was being spent. I also discovered that if there was something I really WANTED to do, I would always somehow manage to make the time. For example, I would wake up early, or go to sleep late doing the thing I wanted to do what was in my heart to do! Slowly I began to get my priorities back into place and now when I find I am too busy to do good, I make the time, even if it means sacrificing that TV program I wanted to watch. God has only given us 24 hours in a day and how we choose to use them, shows God and ourselves what s in our hearts. When we consciously are aware of how we spend our time, and do the things we must do first, even if they aren t fun things, then we will end each day with a feeling of accomplishment. When we don t choose to make time for our friends and family, it conveys to them that they aren t that important in our lives. So stop all the excuses and start getting busy with what God wants us to be doing! And if you are a housewife or stay at home mum, ask God for some of His time management wisdom tips! You'll be amazed at how many time saving ideas the Holy Spirit will give you daily - and of course, being efficient by doing things right the first time, without procrastinating does always help...

No comments:

Post a Comment