Search This Blog

Saturday 6 October 2012

From Desperation to Acceptance

Often times in our lives we only learn things in retrospect. That s how it was with this lesson and one I constantly need to remember to apply. It has to do with God wanting us to accept things HIS way. Every time in my life when I was desperate about something, nothing would happen. It didn t matter if I was desperate for something, or desperate for a change and even the opposite to avoid something or not have something happen! I would plead with God, begging Him you name it, I did it, and yet nothing seemed to happen. And then when I got to the end of myself, finally ready to accept things, things would happen, things would change, or the thing I dreaded the most, wouldn t even happen! A perfect example to illustrate this was when I was desperate to have a baby. I felt my biological clock was ticking and I had become frantic to have a baby, but after two miscarriages, I was slowly loosing hope I remember coming to a point and telling God that if it wasn t His will for me to have a child, then that would be okay. Now I realise that probably wasn t the right kind of prayer, as I do believe God wants us to have children, but I think He just needed me to get away from that desperate place and into one of acceptance! Another situation I can share is when my mother-in-law once wanted to come with us on our family holiday. As much as I love my mother-in-law, I knew there would be things we wouldn t be able to do with her and certain challenges it would bring, but it was only when I relented and actually became excited in my heart for her to come, that she changed her mind! I think the lesson God wanted me to learn was that sometimes when He asks us to do something really hard, it s not the actual doing that He wants, but just the agreement of it! Just like Abraham having to sacrifice Isaac.

No comments:

Post a Comment